To say I'm obsessed with pineapples lately is putting it lightly. I've been eating tons of them, and seriously lusting after pretty much anything with a pineapple on it. There are t-shirts, emoji hats and skirts everywhere. (Lemons are popular too, but I'll save that for another post.) If it's not pineapple print, its texture in unexpected places. Tassels are constantly on my mind too. I love the idea of spicing up a plain outfit with a touch of whimsy, but not letting whimsical gypsy style overwhelm your everyday look. I think these pieces are easy to mix in with other closet staples, and are a wearable way to embrace this fun tropical trend!
1. I love Loeffler Randall shoes, and this pair of slide on heels is no exception. The tassels make them fun, but the nude leather color is refined, supple and amazing. Wear these cuties with jeans, slacks or a dress. They could easily be dressed up or down, and the block heel offers stability when traversing steep city streets.
2. Madewell is one of my constant go-to places for light spring dresses, comfy sweaters, and effortlessly cool pieces. This Silk Dress isn't covered in pineapples, but the geometric all-over print is the same idea. I like the split hem and the super flattering cut. This piece looks like it would be the perfect dress to wear to Dolores Park on a sunny day, or to brunch with friends. Throw on a denim jacket just in case, and you're all set!
3. Gap is sometimes hit or miss for me. Sometimes, their pants and tops fit me perfectly, but sometimes the sizes and proportions are way off. I haven't actually seen this shirt in person, but it has pineapples so it must be amazing! I like the casual/cool nature of a poplin shirt, and this short sleeve Pineapple Print Shirt would be easy to wear to work or pair with jeans on the weekend.
4. I love Clare V, and her French-chic simple staples. The Simple Tote has been on my list for a while, but I'm really loving the texture and color of the light suede material. I'm really particular about what a bag looks like, and will spend forever comparing natural variations in leather, small scratches, or any imperfection. For this reason, I like that Nordstrom is now carrying her pieces. They've probably got the best return policy and such amazing customer service, that I know I'd end up happy.
5. This Banana Republic Pineapple Broach directly follows my pineapple obsession, but lately I've also been really into pins. I got one from a company called These Are Things, and love it! Add it to your everyday jacket to personalize it, or pin it to a blazer and have fun fielding questions all day!