Lately I've been completely obsessed with bucket bags! I've been seeing them all over Instagram, NYFW and on the street. I Shared a Lyft with a girl who had a really cute nude one the other day. My favorite fashion bloggers have all been sporting them. It's safe to say I need one. Now.
1. I've been doing a ton of research, and am seriously considering buying the genuine original Mansur Gavriel bag. I love that you can customize the interior color, and that they're constantly sold out. At under $600 it's actually a very affordable investment bag, and is currently selling for a few hundred more on eBay. The bag is sold out until March, and will probably sell out again almost immediately.
2. On the opposite end of the spectrum, this $19 Forever 21 version is super cheap but has good reviews. The faux leather supposed looks real (I've yet to see this bag in person), but at less than $20 why not give it a try? In fact, get a few colors!
3. I really like Sole Society, and their bucket bag looks pretty good. I like the idea of the drawstring closure, but I'm not sure it would actually be any easier than just tying it closed. The reviews are also pretty solid, and for $65 you could easily just wear it for a season or two.
4. The J.Crew version is a bit pricier than some of the other options at $168, but I've had good luck with their leather goods in the past. Again, I like the drawstring, and I like the fringe detail, since fringe and all things 70's is coming back this season. J.Crew has sales all the time, so if you hold out you'll probably be able to score a bag for under $100.
5. This Free People option is really cute and comes in a couple colors. I love the black, and the tassels, but the reviews made me question it. Many people mentioned that the dye rubbed off on everything! For $68 I'd like my clothes, hands and wallet to not get ruined. It seemed like corporate customer service was reaching out to people who had complaints, but I'm not sure if the issue was actually resolved.