January is a difficult month. The holidays are over, the lights have come down, and everything seems grey. It's dark, cold, and this year it's been rainy. Luckily, SF doesn't get snow, but it does get cold. Coats, layers and warm boots are a must! I'm beginning to really, really crave spring, but until then I'll keep piling the black on.
1. I love the style and handy pocket size of the Wildsam guide books, and the San Francisco one is really cute. It's a great gift, but also nice to keep on hand for visitors to borrow, or to switch up your routine and try someplace new. My favorite illustration is a 'wild animals of San Francisco' drawing complete with a buffalo, but the guide also features restaurant lists and destinations.
2. JCrew has had so many sales lately, I'll probably never buy anything full price from them again. My office is freezing and this turtleneck looks so cozy! I love the roomy fit and cute side details. Add a messy pony, and you're good to go! Right now, the turtleneck is an additional 40% off the sale price!
3. I've been obsessed with the Everlane Chelsea Boot for a while now. At $235 they're a solid investment piece, and should be really comfy for walking around. Everlane sources all their goods from ethical manufacturers and small businesses, and are transparent about pricing. The boots are made in Italy, and available for one hour delivery in SF, which temps me all the time!
4. Like everyone else, I can't stop thinking about the Mansur Gavriel bucket bag. It's sold out until March, and will run you about $600. I've never had a bucket bag before, and but I think I want to try it out before I take the plunge on the real thing. Urban Outfitters has this super cute version that's pretty close to the original, but only costs $44.
5. Whenever I'm in The Haight I make sure to stop at the RVCA flagship store and gallery. My boyfriend loves their soft tees, and I love their basics. I tend to think the men's pieces are better designed and more my style, which holds true for this crew neck sweatshirt collab with artist Bret Krak. I love the pineapple and aloha vibe.