San Franciscans have a long history of shopping small, supporting their local mom + pop shops and restaurants, and keeping big box stores out of their neighborhoods. This holds true when it comes to holiday shopping. I've rounded five awesome gift items, all under $50, that not only can be found locally, and support small businesses and artisans.
1. See San Francisco: I've previously posted about how much I love this coffee table book postcard/love letter to The City, but I'll say it again. I love this! SFGirlByBay is one of my fave bloggers, and even though she recently moved down to LA, this book chronicles her time and love for SF. At $12.55 it's a great gift for your fellow SF-lover. You could buy it online, or you could pick it up at any of the countless local bookstores that dot The City. I recently saw it at Russian Hill Bookstore on Polk. I love their SF book selection, board games, and their enormous card room!
2. Heath Ceramics bud vase: Next time you find yourself at the Ferry Building, head over to the Heath booth and grab a bud vase or two! At $24 they're a little taste of luxury, and come in a ton of cute colors! They switch up their colors seasonally, so this is a gift you can pick up any time of the year.
3. She.Rise double wrap: Sherise Eway created these unique bracelets a few years ago while living in SF. They're handmade with leather, Swarovski crystals and copper magnetic clasps. Each is unique, and add something special to any outfit. A bunch of botiques in The City carry her bracelets, but Dish in Hayes Valley is my fave.
4. SF Print by Rifle Paper Co.: I love Anna Rifle Bond's unique illustration style, and this SF print showcases a classic Chinatown view! Whimsical, cheerful and playful, this art print is a great addition to any gallery wall. Lavish in Hayes Valley is a Rifle Paper Destination store, which means they have special signed additions of many of the popular art prints. Right now, they have a night version of this print in stock.
5. Sydney Hale Co. Candles: I'm seriously obsessed with these candles! They're handmade in Virginia, and 10% of their profits go to dog rescues. The scents are unique and long lasting. My all time fave is the Sea Salt + Bay Rum, but they're all amazing. Leigon, a little gift store off Commercial in the FiDi carries them. I like to pop in on my lunch break to pick up a candle or two as house warming gifts for friends, or a mid-week treat for myself. They also have really cute jewelry, soft t-shirts, and wall hangings.